Ghyston is an award-winning UK software development company based in central Bristol.
We are a team of passionate software development experts who love working really closely with our clients to create beautifully crafted software, such as stylish mobile apps, highly functional websites and complex ERP systems.
We are incredibly proud of our company culture at Ghyston. We place a huge emphasis on staff welfare, happiness, professional development, and fulfilment. We benefit from a flat and open structure, creating an inclusive working environment where all employees feel their voices can be heard.
What do we need?
A highly motivated Software Developer who is passionate about and keen to work at the forefront of technology.
We are looking for:
- At least 2 years experience in at least some of the following technologies:
- C# and the .NET ecosystem
- Java and the JVM ecosystem
- React and Typescript
What will you be doing?
You will be working as part of a team-building high-quality software for a diverse array of customers. This could range from a web-based HR solution to a system for synchronising prices across hundreds of vet practices. The nature of our work is that no two projects are the same, but you can find some of the things we have worked on here: https://www.ghyston.com/work.
Our teams will generally have a Project Manager, a Business Analyst, a Technical Lead, and a few full-stack developers. You’ll also be working with our Quality Assurance and Design teams to ensure our software is both beautiful and robust.
We run our projects in an Agile fashion with sprints and other associated ceremonies. We are always open to ways of improving and welcome suggestions for ways to do things better from everyone in the team. Our ultimate aim is to have a happy team delivering a great solution to a happy customer.
Your main duties will be:
- Developing high-quality maintainable code
- Writing unit and integration tests for your work
- Peer-reviewing colleagues’ code
- Mentoring junior developers
What do you get?
- A basic salary of £36,500 - £42,300 depending on experience
- A 9% non-contributory pension and profit share scheme
- Flexible approach to hybrid working*
- A tight-knit team with an emphasis on employee happiness and growth
- Dedicated time for professional learning and development
- A highly relaxed, friendly work environment, with a fully stocked drinks fridge and a plentiful snack selection
- A large chillout room featuring a pool table, and a cinema/Nintendo Switch room
- A full programme of funded social activities both during and outside office hours, including:
- Annual funded company holiday (typically to a European city)
- A busy social calendar, including regular pub trips, activities such as go-karting, boat trips, cooking classes, wine tasting and more
- Annual summer party, Christmas lunch and dinner
*Ghyston has a flexible approach to hybrid working, however, we do expect employees to be able to work from our central Bristol office for approximately half of their working week in order to help us upkeep our fun and sociable in-person culture.
At Ghyston we really value diversity, and we make a concerted effort to judge each applicant on their individual strengths and the positive attributes they can bring to the company. If you’d like to find out more about us or check any of these requirements before applying, please do get in touch. We’re happy to deal with any queries before and during your application process.
For further information or to apply please visit https://careers.ghyston.com